Tuesday 23 March 2010

Conceptual sketch of installation.


A small sketch done, to illustrate to tutors & others how the installation might look. I was particularly nervous about having work that wasn't photographic heavy. So I thought a drawing might help me convince anyone opposed to it. Though, no one voiced a problem with it. I think my concerns where possibly overbuilt in my mind.

The only object that never went from paper to fictitious reality was the train set. It was sitting in Nicholas' office ready to be installed. However, when in the ideas stage I thought the exhibition was going to be invigilated. Also, for the opening night I though it may be stood on by a drunk person. So I decided not to include the train. Though Nicholas said, despite this he was still happy to have the train there. Moreover, my work evolved and became more of my desk than Nicholas', so the train was less pertinent.

Also - The rug never made it from the drawing, I would like to have seen it with, to decide whether or not it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment